MAKE AN APPOINMENT
Lanap Success Rate
How successful is treating gum disease with lanap ?
An exploration of the success rate of the Lanap procedure requires an understanding of the procedure itself. Lanap is one of the most current groundbreaking techniques in safely and effectively restoring gum and periodontal tissue. The size of the laser itself is very small with a thickness of three human hairs. This tiny laser is aimed at the gum pockets where it targets and eliminates dark pigmented or infected cells.
Lanap targets bacteria while not affecting healthy gum tissue
This method of treating gum disease allows the dental surgeon to single out bacteria for elimination and accomplish the task without negatively impacting healthy gum tissue. Since the healthy gum tissue is spared, it naturally starts to reattach itself to the root surface. The procedure also stimulates a cell regeneration process similar to the body’s natural response to fractures and broken bones.
The traditional procedures for similar purposes (gum diseases) would entail the removal of much of the patient’s gum tissue. It would also be difficult to target unhealthy cells alone with traditional methods and as such healthy gum tissue may also be lost. The fact that the Lanap procedure is more precise, makes it less painful and, by extension, more tolerable for the patient. The long term results are better and more predictable for Lanap patients than traditional perio surgery patients.
Lanap’s popularity in dental offices around the globe is a testament to its impressive success rates. More persons are opting to use this treatment to enhance their oral health and smile and this is helping to drive its popularity. Studies in the field indicate a one hundred percent (100%) health restoration for teeth treated with Lanap. The same studies indicate that bone regeneration took place in half of the treated teeth. The bottom line is that Lanap is enabling dental experts to achieve results that were traditionally thought to be impossible.
These are the factors that contribute to Lanap’s success rate:
• It promotes speedy healing because it is a minimally invasive procedure.
• Lanap patients suffer less discomfort than traditional perio surgery patients because the laser has bio stimulation qualities. In fact, many patients do not require pain medication after undergoing a Lanap procedure.
• Less time is required for recovery and many patients find it easy to get right back to work within hours of having the procedure done.
• Recession is minimized and often eliminated. This is because the procedure does not involve cutting away the gum tissue.
• Little to no bleeding. The laser used helps to control the bleeding thereby effectively lessening the chance for bleeding complications to occur.
• Teeth Preservation- the procedure allows patients to maintain their natural teeth and keep teeth loss at bay for longer.
• Regeneration of the Bone- This procedure is the only one on the market that is proven to facilitate oral bone regeneration.
• The procedure is extremely safe. In fact experts agree that there are no contraindications associated with the procedure. It does not have any negative impact on other ailments or medication.
Certified Invisalign Dentist
Dr. Davoudi possesses a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry from the University of Kentucky, as well as a Doctor in Dental Science degree from Meharry Medical College in Tennessee. She is a valued member of several professional associations, including the American Dental Association (ADA), California Dental Association, San Diego Dental Society, and the International Association of Orthodontics.
979 Woodland Pkwy Suite 100 San Marcos, CA 92069